Egaña, Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo has been a partner of our firm since 2000, having joined in 1992. He works in the Industrial and Intellectual Property and Competition Law areas, which provide advice to Chilean and foreign clients on requests, agreements and litigation related to such matters.
His practice has focused on several fields of Intellectual Property, specializing in issues related to invention licenses, industrial secrets and technology transfer. Since the year 2000, he has been in charge of the management of the firm’s Invention Licenses Department, a role that involves providing comprehensive advice to clients, both on the processing of their applications before the administrative authorities and the observance of their rights before the courts of justice.
- George Washington University, Master of Laws, 1995.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Chile, Law School, 1990.
- Chile, 1990.
- Professor of Industrial Property, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Intellectual Property lawyer (Band 1), Chambers Latin America.
- Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property, The Legal 500.
- IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property.
- 2017 Award from the Asociación Chilena de Derecho de Propiedad Industrial for his work “Doctrine of Equivalences in Chile”.
- Biosimilar Products in Chile. Technical Rule No. 170. LawyerIssue Magazine, London. Biotech & Pharmaceutical Law, March 2016.
- Chilean Law Chapter. International Pharmaceutical Law and Practice Journal, Lexis Nexis, USA, 2016.
- Asociación Chilena de Derecho de Propiedad Industrial (ACHIPI).
- Asian Patent Attorney Association – Observer (APAA).
- Spanish and English.