Rodrigo joined the firm in 2005 and has been a partner since 2015. He leads our Technology, Privacy and Media group and also works in the Intellectual Property area, mainly in matters related to software, Internet and databases. He also specializes in legal issues related to data privacy, advertising, entertainment law, image law, unfair competition and consumer protection. He has participated advising clients in the preparation and review of software licenses, technology transfer, in audits and due diligence processes related to data, computer programs, and advertising; in large infrastructure and technological innovation projects, as well as a consultant to technological startups. Rodrigo also supports the firm’s litigation group in matters related to his areas of expertise.
- Harvard University, Masters of Law, 2012.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Chile, Law School, 2007.
- Chile, 2007.
- Professor of the Master’s Degree in Innovation and Master’s Degree in Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Professor of Competition Law Diploma, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Professor of Intellectual Property Diploma, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Professor of the Master of Intellectual Property and New Technologies, Universidad de Chile.
- Professor of Postgraduate Course in Business Law, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Professor at the Summer School of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- Professor of Corporate Compliance, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding lawyer in Intellectual Property and in Telecommunications, Media and Technology, Chambers Latin America, The Legal 500, Managing Intellectual Property, Latin Lawyer, Best Lawyers and other international publications.
- Diario Financiero’s Young People’s Success Award, 2012.
- Dean’s Award, Harvard Law School, 2012.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- International Bar Association.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Spanish and English